- Providing Your Information. SportsCastr does not ask you for personal information unless it is required to provide certain additional services including, but not limited to, sale of FanChain Tokens, payments and two-factor authentication. We may determine, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary to obtain certain information about you in order to comply with applicable law or regulation in connection with selling FanChain Tokens to you. You agree to provide us such information promptly upon request, and you acknowledge that we may refuse to sell FanChain Tokens to you until you provide such requested information and we have determined that it is permissible to sell you FanChain Tokens under applicable law or regulation. We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you voluntarily provide:
- Username and Password;
- Personal Information (such as your name, email address, address, phone number, and other information provided if you are using a Social Network-based login);
- Payment information (such as such as tokens, Ether, wallet, credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address);
- User Contributions (such as information and content you share with others using the Services);
- Communications between you and SportsCastr; and
- Legal Compliance information as described below.
- Legal Compliance. You will provide to us, or to our nominee, immediately upon our request, any information that we, in our sole discretion, deem to be required to maintain compliance with any federal, state, local, domestic or foreign law, regulation or policy, including any “Know Your Customer” requirements and policies. Such information may include a passport, driver’s license, utility bill, photograph of you, government identification cards or sworn statements, and we, or our nominee, may keep a copy of such information for our records.
- Collecting Your Information. We may use aggregate statistical information about your activity, including your activity on our Services and logins to various websites, for marketing or any other purpose in our sole discretion. We may use your internet protocol address to verify your purchase of FanChain Tokens. However, we will not release your personal information to any third party without your consent, except as set forth herein or in our Terms and Policies. SportsCastr does not willfully disclose the personal information of its Users to anyone except to comply with applicable law, provide the services of the website, or protect our rights. In regards to applicable law, SportsCastr will only respond to authorized and written requests and will resist unconstitutional requests for personal information. SportsCastr will notify users immediately if we believe their personal information is disclosed in any unauthorized way.
- Information that is passively collected:
- Analytics information:
- We may use proprietary or third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage of our Services. Such information is generally not associated with any particular individual.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- When you visit the Services, we may use “cookies” (small text files stored on your computer) and other similar technologies like pixels, web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs”), and local storage may be used to collect information about how you use the Services and provide features to you;
- Log file information:
- When you use a mobile device to connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may use this unique identifier to offer you extended services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require the collection of your mobile phone number, which may be associated with your mobile device unique identifier.
- When you download our mobile applications, we may use and store GPS and cell tower information relating to your mobile device, in combination with other location-based information such as your IP address, your billing postal code provided by your carrier, or your registration location, to provide enhanced location-based services, and to serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content.
- Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Services. It can also be provided when the content of the Services is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with content, and is used to stamp FanChain Tokens. For example, Metadata can indicate how, when and by whom a User Contribution was collected and how that content is formatted, and sometimes, for content like pictures, they may also include location information about where the Content was recorded (i.e., geotags).
- How We Use Your Information. We may use Personal Information for any purpose allowed by applicable law. In general, we use Personal Information to:
- To respond to your enquiries and to provide you with customer support;
- To operate and improve the Services;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- Comply with third party contracts;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in and remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could potentially include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Develop, provide, improve, test, troubleshoot, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services and new products or features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights.
- Sharing of Your Information. We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy. Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Third Party Service Providers and Affiliates
- We may either employ or partner with third party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third party companies (including, without limitation, maintenance services, server hosting, database management, and web analytics).
- Government, Regulatory Agencies, Courts, and Law Enforcement.
- We may access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe in good faith that it is necessary or appropriate to respond to requests, claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of SportsCastr, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is, illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of audits, inquiries or investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- If you voluntarily share or submit any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., pictures), or commentary (e.g., forums, message boards, chats) through the Services, or link it to any social media platforms, that post and any content or information associated with it may become available to the public.
- Employees of SportsCastr, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any other purposes.
- How We Store Your Information.
- Although the Services are intended to provide reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or public posting via the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
- SportsCastr does currently utilize certain third-party services and tools which may collect personally identifiable information such as IP addresses.
- Your Choices About Your Information. Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Text messaging
- To the extent text messages are provided by the Services, you may opt-out at any time by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request.
- Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, such as administrative notices, or Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices).
- What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control.
- How Long We Keep Your Information. We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Children’s Privacy. SportsCastr does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services or purchase FanChain Tokens. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact SportsCastr at [email protected]
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT UNDER THE AGE OF 18, DO NOT SHARE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON ANY FORUM OR MESSAGE BOARD. If you do post any Personal Information, you can remove it using the Services functionality. This removal may not be complete given the nature of the Internet. Contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. SportsCastr does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. SportsCastr does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals and handles all user information consistent with its Terms.
- Other Web Sites and Services. The Services may contain links to other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your Personal Information. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your Personal Information you do so at your own risk.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by us from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
You may have particular rights pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation). These may include the right to access your data (Article 15), the right to correct your data (Article 16), the right to erase your data under certain conditions (Article 17), the right to restrict the processing of your data (Article 18), and the right to data portability (Article 20). To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to [email protected]
How to contact us
We welcome your enquiries and comments. If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please send us an email to [email protected]
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about your privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to complain to the data protection authority/regulator, as applicable, in your jurisdiction.
Last Updated May 1, 2018.